Pacesetter now offer the following training in Level 2 Qualification in Dance Leadership (Accredited by Sports Leaders UK).
What Is The Level 2 Qualification In Dance Leadership?
Accredited by Sports Leaders UK, this qualification gives students the opportunity to re-discover their passion for dance. The course will give your students the necessary skills to assist running dance clubs & school productions throughout your school in order to help others become more physically active and engaged. Benefits include:
- Developing leadership skills
- Raising confidence & attainment
- Creating positive role models
- Reducing physical inactivity
- Introducing new skills required to choreograph dance
Who Is The Qualification For?
The course is aimed at learners aged 13+ who have a passion for dancing and would like the opportunity to lead and act as positive role models for other students. Pupils will then be qualified to deliver sessions with indirect supervision from the age of 16.
How Is The Qualification Delivered?
Our tutor will deliver the course at your school and learners will cover 5 units over a mixture of theory and practical. Learning time is 61 hours in total (40 hours of contact tutor time). Modules will include:
- Planning, leading & evaluating dance sessions
- Assisting in planning & leading a dance activity event
- Dance choreography
- Leading dance activity sessions